Dining Room Vastu Shastra
Food is considered God (Anna Devta) in Hindu mythology. Food is worshipped as it gives us the energy to tackle daily tasks. Therefore, it is important to serve the food in the right direction as per Vastu so that we are blessed with good health and generate life-giving forces.
The dining room is where the food is served, and the entire family eats together. It has been rightly said that the family that eats together stays together, hence the dining room plays a vital role in the bonding of the entire family, therefore, making it very important to get the right vibes for health and happiness.
Various elements like the direction, shape, placement, size, proper seating arrangement, etc. should be considered while designing the Dining Room as per the Vastu shastra guidelines so as to acquire optimum gains, good luck, and peace and harmony.
Table of contents
Dining Room Vastu Tips
ob体育游戏 interior design in Mumbai bring to you the best-suited Vastu tips for the dining room so as to derive maximum benefits from the dining room. One must not forget that factors like direction, size, placement of furniture, etc. all contribute towards the positive vibes.
- The kitchen and the dining area should be placed on the same floor as per Vastu since it may prove to be a burden in the case that prepared food needs to be carried to another floor or to a considerable distance.
- The dining room should be in close proximity to the kitchen either on the Southern, Western or Eastern side. The most preferred direction for the construction of the dining room is the West.
- North and East are also considered good directions for the construction of the dining room, however, it may not be the best option.
- The entrance to the dining space should be on the East, North, or West. One should also make sure that the dining hall should not face the main entrance as it is considered inauspicious.
The sitting arrangement and colors for the dining room
The head of the family should always be seated on the Eastside while the remaining family members should sit facing the East, North, or West. Appropriate seating arrangements also enhance a balanced life!
A square or rectangular dining table is recommended as such shapes provide ample space for the family to dine comfortably.
As per Vastu, the walls of the dining room should be painted in yellow, saffron or lighter shades of green as such bright and soothing shades enhance serenity in the house and have a positive effect on one’s appetite. Know the colors for prosperity and shades to avoid in this article.
Paintings depicting nature and landscapes generate a calm aura in the dining space.
The washbasin should always be placed either in the East or the North direction of the dining room, according to Vastu experts.
Dining room Vastu: The don’ts
Constructing the dining room as per Vastu is of ample importance to gain optimum benefits. If the dining room is constructed as per the Vastu guidelines, then success shall proliferate, and positive vibes shall spread all around the house, proving beneficial for the inhabitants.
But few things should be avoided to negate the bad effects of the place you live in. These are:.
- Ensure that the dining room and washroom are neither attached nor too close to each another.
- Round, oval, hexagonal and other irregular-shaped dining tables should be avoided as such shapes occupy much space.
- One should be seated facing the South as it causes an imbalance in life energies for the inhabitants of the house.
- Distractions like watching TV, making phone calls, or working on the laptop should be avoided as concentrating on food helps in digestion.
- Use of ample lighting is prohibited as per Vastu. vastu recommends using lights that offer relaxation and calmness.
The dining area is allied to nourishment and energy. Therefore, getting the dining area constructed as per Vastu can prove beneficial for the inhabitants as a dining room constructed in accordance with Vastu can result in good health, wealth, and happiness! Schedule an appointment with best interior designers in Mumbai for more guidance!
We have compiled these Vastu tips for your home